U.K. shares lower at close of trade; Investing.com United Kingdom 100 down 0.22%
Investing.com – U.K. equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Industrial Engineering , Support Services and Industrial Transportation sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 lost 0.22%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO ), which rose 5.47% or 87.00 points to trade at 1678.00 at the close. Bank VTB PAO DRC (LON: VTBRq ) added 2.91% or 0.034 points to end at 1.202 and Tui AG (LON: TUIT ) was up 2.60% or 5.50 points to 216.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Rentokil Initial PLC (LON: RTO ), which lost 12.30% or 76.80 points to trade at 547.60 in late trade. BT Group PLC (LON: BT ) declined 4.29% or 7.50 points to end at 167.35 and Spirax-Sarco Engineering PLC (LON: SPX ) shed 3.77% or 605.0 points to 15445.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1260 to 732 and 437 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.91% or 16.35 to $1771.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.22% or 0.87 to hit $70.42 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.40% or 1.04 to trade at $73.35 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.09% to 1.3227, while EUR/GBP fell 0.17% to 0.8519.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 96.463.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or