At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 fell 0.06%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Informa PLC (LON: INF ), which rose 3.20% or 16.40 points to trade at 529.00 at the close. AVEVA Group PLC (LON: AVV ) added 2.23% or 85.0 points to end at 3894.0 and Anglo American PLC (LON: AAL ) was up 1.99% or 57.5 points to 2947.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NK Rosneft PAO DRC (LON: ROSNq ), which lost 2.47% or 0.19 points to trade at 7.66 in late trade. Standard Chartered PLC (LON: STAN ) declined 2.37% or 11.10 points to end at 456.50 and NatWest Group PLC (LON: NWG ) shed 2.17% or 4.50 points to 202.40.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1306 to 864 and 241 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.31% or 5.45 to $1782.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.29% or 0.22 to hit $75.01 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.09% or 0.07 to trade at $75.91 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.18% to 1.3792, while EUR/GBP fell 0.23% to 0.8585.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 92.453.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.