At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 gained 1.03% to hit a new 52-week high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Anglo American PLC (LON: AAL ), which rose 6.29% or 193.5 points to trade at 3270.5 at the close. CRH PLC (LON: CRH ) added 5.34% or 183.0 points to end at 3607.0 and BHP Group PLC (LON: BHPB ) was up 4.99% or 109.50 points to 2306.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included EasyJet PLC (LON: EZJ ), which lost 2.12% or 22.00 points to trade at 1017.50 in late trade. Ocado Group PLC (LON: OCDO ) declined 2.10% or 42.00 points to end at 1962.00 and Land Securities Group PLC (LON: LAND ) shed 1.72% or 12.60 points to 718.60.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1326 to 931 and 196 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.48% or 8.45 to $1784.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.69% or 0.45 to hit $66.14 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.83% or 0.57 to trade at $69.45 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.15% to 1.3906, while EUR/GBP fell 0.27% to 0.8627.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.42% at 91.305.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.