U.K. shares higher at close of trade; Investing.com United Kingdom 100 up 0.62%
Investing.com – U.K. equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Industrial Metals & Mining , Equity Investment Instruments and Industrial Engineering sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 rose 0.62%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were BHP Group PLC (LON: BHPB ), which rose 3.32% or 75.50 points to trade at 2,351.00 at the close. Antofagasta PLC (LON: ANTO ) added 3.25% or 38.50 points to end at 1,223.00 and Standard Chartered PLC (LON: STAN ) was up 2.78% or 16.40 points to 605.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Abrdn PLC (LON: ABDN ), which lost 2.40% or 4.10 points to trade at 166.85 in late trade. Burberry Group PLC (LON: BRBY ) declined 2.00% or 34.00 points to end at 1,664.00 and ITV PLC (LON: ITV ) shed 1.91% or 1.32 points to 67.76.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1159 to 691 and 417 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.22% or 3.95 to $1,826.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.18% or 2.35 to hit $109.97 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 2.07% or 2.26 to trade at $111.36 a barrel.
GBP/USD was unchanged 0.16% to 1.23, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.17% to 0.86.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.30% at 103.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or