At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 rose 0.19%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were BP PLC (LON: BP ), which rose 2.54% or 8.75 points to trade at 353.55 at the close. Royal Dutch Shell PLC Class A (LON: RDSa ) added 2.18% or 36.50 points to end at 1710.11 and Royal Dutch Shell PLC Class A (LON: RDSa ) was up 2.17% or 36.2 points to 1708.6 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tui AG (LON: TUIT ), which lost 15.48% or 53.70 points to trade at 293.30 in late trade. AVEVA Group PLC (LON: AVV ) declined 3.25% or 117.0 points to end at 3478.0 and Carnival PLC (LON: CCL ) shed 2.42% or 40.2 points to 1620.8.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1056 to 918 and 477 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.04% or 0.65 to $1758.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.38% or 1.08 to hit $79.38 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.78% or 0.64 to trade at $82.59 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.02% to 1.3620, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8493.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 94.138.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.