At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 added 0.15% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Fresnillo PLC (LON: FRES ), which rose 3.33% or 20.00 points to trade at 620.00 at the close. Just Eat (LON: JE ) added 2.42% or 19.60 points to end at 829.60 and Next PLC (LON: NXT ) was up 2.19% or 156.00 points to 7270.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NMC Health PLC (LON: NMC ), which lost 2.58% or 46.00 points to trade at 1736.00 in late trade. Micro Focus International PLC (LON: MCRO ) declined 2.03% or 22.40 points to end at 1078.80 and Bunzl PLC (LON: BNZL ) shed 1.53% or 33.00 points to 2117.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1274 to 837 and 196 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.21% or 3.20 to $1517.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.15% or 0.09 to hit $61.77 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.38% or 0.26 to trade at $68.18 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.78% to 1.3094, while EUR/GBP fell 0.01% to 0.8538.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.54% at 96.595.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.