Uber Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: NYSE: UBER ) announced on Wednesday that Prashanth Mahendra-Rajah will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer on November 13, 2023. Currently serving as the CFO of Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI ), Mahendra-Rajah is set to replace Nelson Chai who announced his departure in August after a five-year tenure.
Mahendra-Rajah brings a wealth of experience to Uber, having held financial leadership roles at several major corporations including WABCO Holdings (NYSE: WBC ), Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT ), Visa (NYSE: V ), and United Technologies (NYSE: RTX ). At ADI, he was responsible for setting the financial strategy and overseeing the company’s global finance organization, including financial management, planning, controls, and reporting.
Uber's CEO Dara Khosrowshahi expressed confidence in this strategic appointment saying, "Prashanth is an incredibly skilled and dynamic finance executive, with decades of experience across a variety of complex industries. I’m confident he’ll be able to help us deliver even more innovation and efficiency as we continue this next phase of profitable growth."
In response to his appointment, Mahendra-Rajah expressed excitement about joining Uber. "I’m delighted to join Uber, one of the world’s most iconic technology companies, at such a promising moment in its journey," he said.
Chai's departure marked the end of his term which included overseeing Uber's 2018 initial public offering after filling a role which had been vacant for three years. His successor's arrival is expected to usher in a new phase of profitable growth for the ride-sharing giant.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.