Beijing, Aug 10 (IANS) Typhoon Mulan, the seventh of this year, made landfall in the coastal areas of Xuwen county in China's Guangdong province, on Wednesday, according to the local meteorological department.
The typhoon is expected to move in a north-west direction at a speed of about 20 km per hour, before entering the Beibu Gulf on Wednesday afternoon, with its intensity gradually weakening, reports Xinhua news agency.
The department predicted that there will be heavy wind and rain in Guangdong between Wednesday and Thursday morning.
Schedules of several high-speed rail lines and flights in Guangdong have been temporarily adjusted, and customs clearance has been suspended at relevant ports.
As of Wednesday morning, all flights at Zhanjiang Wuchuan Airport were cancelled.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.