New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) T. Raja Kumar of Singapore has been appointed as the president of Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the anti-money laundering watchdog.
Kumar has replaced Marcus Pleyer who was holding the post till now, and will discharge his service for next two years.
"Raja Kumar starts as FATF President today. He will focus on enhancing the effectiveness of global anti-money laundering & counter-terrorist financing measures, improving asset recovery and other initiatives," FATF tweeted while making the announcement on Friday.
Kumar has been working against global terror financing for quite a long time.
Soon after taking over the charge, Kumar presented his objectives for the coming Plenary period (July 2022 -June 2024) to strength the FATF.
"During the Singapore Plenary years, the FATF will prioritise work in strengthening Asset Recovery, countering Illicit Finance of cyber-enabled crime, increasing Effectiveness of Global AML Measures, Reinforcing FATF Partnerships with FSRBs. During the Singapore Presidency, the FATF will continue its core work of identifying and analysing money laundering and terrorist financing methods and trends, developing and refining the FATF Standards, and evaluating and supporting the assessments of countries within the Global Network," Kumar said.
Raja Kumar holds an LLB (Hons) degree from the National University of Singapore and a Master's degree in Philosophy (Criminology and Law) from the University of Cambridge. Kumar also attended the Advanced Management Program at Harvard University in 2006.
Kumar had been assisting the Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore and the Singapore Police Force for over 35 years.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Bitcoin has beaten every other tradable assets so far and mr Henry has been a major help to me in understanding the market better and making the best choice in trading. Reach him on Face📄book 👉 Henry Anderson FxLike 1
I invested $5000 with expert mr Henry Anderson Fx on Face📄book and I made huge profit of $25200 in just one week.Like 0