Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 28 (IANS) Kerala Finance Minister K. N. Balagopal on Thursday said considering the immense scope of Kerala’s tourism industry to contribute more revenue to the state, the stakeholders in the sector should focus more on developing infrastructure and coming up with innovative products to tap the global trends.Balagopal said this while inaugurating the GTM Expo 2023, the first edition of South India's prestigious travel expo, being held as part of Global Travel Market (GTM 2023).
"Tourism has already become an important sector wherein the scope of private investment is very high. It is also a sector where investors can earn handsome returns. So, it is vital to apply innovative marketing strategies to promote Kerala Tourism globally," said Balagopal.
Promising total support of the government to the tourism industry initiatives, Balagopal noted the expos and travel markets like GTM should facilitate the exchange of experience and networking among the participants and visitors.
More than 1,000 trade visitors, 600 plus domestic and 100 international tour operators and 100 plus corporate buyers are attending the four day summit which ends on Saturday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.