By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the pharmaceutical companyTorrent Pharmaceuticals (NS: TORP ) tanked 15.4% to Rs 2,673.5 apiece at 11:40 am on Thursday, after diving over 16% earlier in the session, in response to its poor earnings results in Q3, as the company’s margins suffered.
The drugmaker reported a 16% decline in its consolidated net profit at Rs 249 crore in Q3, on a YoY basis, even though its revenue from operations climbed 5.6% YoY to Rs 2,108 crore in the period.
The drugmaker has declared an interim dividend of Rs 25/share.
The stock recorded poor results in the quarter due to its US business, which pulled down profit figures. Its revenues in the US arm in Q3 dropped 20% YoY to Rs 235 crore and in Germany, it fell 10% YoY.
The company’s management has noted that it was led by longer delays in reinspection of US facilities due to the pandemic, in conjunction with high price pressures.
In India, the drugmaker’s sales rose 15% to Rs 1,072 crore, adding to continue holding a strong presence in the Indian market, as its delivery in the business exceeded the market’s growth in Q3.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.