Truist Securities analysts downgraded The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) shares to Hold from Buy.
The new price target is $155 per share, lowered by $10. The downgrade is mostly a valuation call as the analysts argue that the recent rally in stock reflects the ongoing turnaround efforts.
PG shares gained over 16% in 5 weeks from mid-March to mid-April when it hit an 11-month high.
“Additionally, we believe investors may be over reading the company’s strong F3Q23 results , believing that PG’s core consumer is largely unaffected by price increases taken over the past 18 months,” they said in a client note.
“To be clear, we believe PG as a company is operating at the highest level in the 20 years that we have covered the stock. We simply do not see the catalysts on the horizon to recommend new money to the name at current levels.”
PG shares are down 1% today.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.