Miniratna PSU Jumps 9% on Signing Deal with Defence Ministry
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the state-owned naval vessels builder Garden Reach Shipbuilders (NS: GRSE ) & Engineers Ltd rallied 8.9% to Rs 474 apiece on Friday and closed the session 4.51% to Rs 455 apiece after the company announced signing a contract worth Rs 3,500 crore with the Ministry of Defence.
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers is a premier Warship building company, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence, and awarded the Miniratna Category 1 status.
The defence public sector undertaking (PSU) has signed a project with the defence ministry for constructing four next-generation offshore Patrol Vessels (NGOPV) having a length of approximately 110 m, with a displacement of around 2,900 tons and a maximum speed of more than 23 knots.
As per the details of the contract, Garden Reach is to deliver the first Vessel within 44 months from Contract Signing, with subsequent Vessels at intervals of 6 months.
The NGOPV should be capable of fulfilling roles including
- Seaward Defence,
- NonCombatant Evacuation Ops (NEO),
- ‘Out of Area’ Contingency Ops (OOAC),
- Convoy Operations/Anti-Piracy Missions,
- Counter Infiltration Ops,
- Fleet Maintenance Support,
- Hospital Ship,
- Search and Rescue Missions, and
- COMINT Ship.
The small-cap PSU stock has rallied over 101% in the past year, making it a multibagger stock, and its shares have already skyrocketed 119.3% from their 52-week low value.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Very Nice AnalysisLike 0
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or