This Mid-Cap Paint Stock Rallies Over 15% on Friday; Motilal Oswal Advises Buying
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the paint company Indigo Paints Pvt Ltd (NS: INDG ) have surged 10.5% to Rs 2,147.2 apiece at 3:00 pm on Friday, after rallying 15.7% to Rs 2,247 apiece earlier in the day.
The stock surge has come after the domestic brokerage firm Motilal Oswal (NS: MOFS ) initiated a Buy call on the paint stock, setting a target price of Rs 2270/share, which is an upside of 6.5% compared to its current market price.
In an oligopolistic paint industry in the country, which is dominated by four major players, including Asian Paints (NS: ASPN ) and Berger Paints (NS: BRGR ), Indigo Paints is the only new entrant in the industry that has surpassed the high entry barriers of the Indian paints industry, using its patient and multi-pronged strategy, boosted by its differentiated products’ instruction to distinguish itself in the said market.
Doing so, the company has built a robust distribution network through rural markets, high volume investments in branding, and increasing engagement with contractors, states the brokerage report.
Motilal Oswal further estimates Indigo Paints to deliver a sales growth of 28%, an EBITDA growth of 35% and a rise in PAT by 41% until FY24. At the same time, it expects the Rs 545 billion Indian paint industry to grow 12.2% (CAGR) and volume growth of approximately 10% by FY24.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or