By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the carbon and graphite manufacturing company HEG Ltd. (NS: HEGL ) rallied 11% to Rs 2,274 apiece at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, led by stellar quarterly earnings results for the September-ended quarter.
The stock rallied 13% in today’s session and is the top gainer on the Nifty500 Nifty 500 index on Wednesday.
The graphite manufacturer’s reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 131.52 crore for the September quarter, compared to a net loss of Rs 15.36 crore in the same quarter last year, surging to a record 956.2%. The company’s capacity utilisation for the quarter in focus was recorded at 90%.
Its net sales increased by 60.3% on a YoY basis to Rs 517.56 crore, while the company’s price growth has been in the 20% levels, and the company states that it would pass on the rising input costs to the customers.
HEG’s operating margin rose 757% on a YoY basis to Rs. 167.28 crore for Q2 FY22, while its Earnings per share (EPS) has risen to Rs 34.07 in September 2021, up 756% YoY.
HEG’s stock opened 5.5% higher on Wednesday, from its previous close of Rs 2,049.55, and has given returns of 192.1% over the last year.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.