By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com -- Shares in THG Holdings PLC (LON: THG ) jumped by more than 7% on Thursday, climbing up to near the top of the pan-European Stoxx 600 , after the e-commerce retail firm announced a decade-long partnership with beauty brand Maximo Group.
In a statement on Thursday, THG said the agreement will initially focus on bringing Maximo's online businesses All Beauty and Fragrance Direct to the platform, which is known as THG Ingenuity.
Maximo will then have access to warehousing and fulfillment services provided by Ingenuity from the second quarter of 2023.
The move is expected to add more than £150 million (£1=$1.2466) in gross merchandise value to Ingenuity annually, THG noted.
"This represents the early fruits of our focus on larger enterprise customers and underlines our position as the online partner of choice for the prestige beauty industry," said THG Chief Executive Officer Matthew Moulding.
Analysts at Liberum argued that the deal was an "important positive" for THG - the U.K.-based company formerly known as The Hut Group - because it shows that Ingenuity's ongoing shift in focus to bigger clients is beginning to produce successful results.
“We remain hold for now but further Ingenuity wins, and more clarity on the economics of the contracts with bigger enterprise clients, would make us more positive,” the Liberum analysts said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.