Volex, a specialist in critical power and data transmission, has been selected as an official licensed partner by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) for the North American Charging Standard Charging system. Surprisingly, the company said that they are already prepared to provide the NACS connector to car manufacturers.
Volex's press release regarding the Tesla NACS coupler confirms that the company is “stocked and ready to immediately supply automotive OEMs and charging infrastructure suppliers.”
"As a selected supplier of the NACS coupler, this further validates that Volex continues to be the trusted manufacturing partner of Tesla's charging system technology to the world's leading EV manufacturing companies and suppliers who utilize the NACS EV Charging system," said Volex chairman Nat Rothschild.
Well-known automakers such as Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F ) and General Motors Company (NYSE: GM ) have already adopted Tesla's NACS connector, allowing their drivers access to 12,000 North American Superchargers in the upcoming spring. Additionally, Volvo (OTC: VLVLY ), Rivian Automotive Inc (NASDAQ: RIVN ), Polestar Automotive (NASDAQ: PSNY ), Aptera, Nissan (OTC: NSANY ), and other car manufacturers have committed to using the NACS connector, which directly competes with the Combined Charging System (CCS).
NACS is also being standardized by the Charging Interface Initiative (CharIn). However, according to a statement made by the organization earlier this year, NACS is currently "not yet a standard" due to its inability to offer "an open charging ecosystem for the industry to construct upon."
Shares of TSLA are up 1.29% in afternoon trading on Thursday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.