- Burning newly-issued money made its way through the community.
- LUNC validators, had approved a proposal to update Terra to version 0.5.22.
Upon the network’s demise, Terra underwent a radical metamorphosis. There are currently two networks available, Terra 2.0 (LUNA) and Terra Classic (LUNC). However, many crypto enthusiasts believe the coin might be a good long-term investment.
Recently, a suggestion to burn newly-issued money made its way through the community, and now the hashtag #LunaClassic is trending on Twitter (NYSE: TWTR ). Recently, officials approved a developer’s plan to restore the supply-and-demand economics of the original Terra ecosystem by imposing an extra 1.2% burn tax on all transactions. Furthermore, the community wants Binance to activate 1.2 tax burns after the Terra Classic update.
Tightening Supply Demand
Users want to increase demand for LUNC in order to drive up the price of USTC as the quantity of LUNC decreases over time. This strategy will only be successful if demand grows or remains stable. Not knowing whether people will resort to the network more when resources run out is a major concern.
LUNC validators, having approved a proposal to update Terra to version 0.5.22, will soon be able to do so. When the network hit block height 9,109,990 on August 26 at around 22:00 UTC as per calculations, all validators will have upgraded.
As a result of the positive developments, supporters drove the price for some time. Upon the implementation of the network’s burn tax, an increase in the trading volume is inevitable. Because it is now only accessible on the Terra Classic test network, the upgrade is not very widespread.
According to CMC (NS: CMC ), the Terra Classic price today is $0.000126 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $216,367,950 USD. Terra Classic is down 4.25% in the last 24 hours.
Recommended For You:
Terra LUNC Price Surges 13% Amid Massive Burn and Upgrade
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.