Tata Power (NS: TTPW ) Company's shares experienced a slight uptick on Thursday, rising 1.73% to Rs 264.25 from its previous closing of Rs. 259.75 on the NSE, with the stock opening at Rs 262 apiece.
The company's stock has seen significant fluctuations over the past year, reaching a 52-week high of Rs 276.50 on September 8, 2023, and a low of Rs182.45 on March 28, 2023. Over the past week, the stock has fluctuated between Rs 264.15 and Rs 254.35.
Tata Power boasts a current market cap of Rs 82966.99 crore with promoters holding at 46.86%. Institutions and Non-Institutions hold 24.66% and 28.47% respectively.
In addition to its performance in the stock market, Tata Power is also making strides in renewable energy through its subsidiary, Tata Power Renewable Energy (TPREL). The subsidiary is planning to set up a 41 MW captive solar plant at Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu (NS: TNNP ) for TP Solar's new greenfield 4.3 GW solar cell and module manufacturing facility located at Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
The new captive solar project will be commissioned within twelve months from the signing of the Project Development Agreement (PDA). TPREL has established TP Govardhan Creatives, a specialized entity entrusted with the development, operation, and upkeep of this facility for TP Solar. The manufacturing plant is expected to start commercial production of cells and modules by FY 24-25.
This new captive solar plant will expand TPREL’s total capacity to 7,877 MW, which includes 3,720 MW of projects at different stages of implementation and an operational capacity of 4,157 MW, comprising 3,154 MW solar energy and 1,003 MW wind energy.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.