By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of India’s largest power generator Tata Power (NS: TTPW ) rose 3% and registered a new 52-week high of Rs 252.8 apiece on Thursday, enjoying their rally streak for the fourth day in a row. In these four trading sessions, Tata Power’s stock has surged nearly 10%.
The power-producing giant announced on Thursday that it has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the leading marketplace for car sharing - Zoomcar, to promote the widespread adoption of electric vehicles as well as deliver a seamless and user-friendly EV charging experience to users across the country.
The agreement was signed in Mumbai between Tata Power EV Charging Solutions Limited (TPEVCSL), which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power Renewable Energy, and Zoomcar, with key personnel of both companies present.
Through the aforestated collaboration, Tata Power aims to promote its EZ Charge points, which is Tata Power’s extensive EV charging infrastructure, on Zoomcar’s platform.
Tata Power will also focus on supporting existing and aspiring EV owners along with Zoomcar's existing customers. Valuable insights on the power giant’s extensive network of EZ Charge points nationwide will provide these customers with easy access to streamline the EV charging process and address the challenges often associated with using the charging infrastructure.
EZ Charge includes over 50,000 home chargers, more than 4,370 public and semi-public charging points, along with 250 bus-charging points across 350 cities including multiple highways.
Upon the mutual partnership between the two companies, the CEO and co-founder of Zoomcar, Greg Moran said that its car-sharing platform is perfectly suited for electric vehicles and the company forecasts growing 50% of its platform by 2025.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.