By Aayush Khanna
Tata Power (NS: TTPW ) EV Charging Solutions Limited (TPEVCSL), a key player in the EV charging sector and a Tata Power Group Company, has joined forces with Indian Oil (NS: IOC ) Corporation Limited (IOCL) through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to deploy fast and ultra-fast electric vehicle (EV) charging points throughout India. Under this collaboration, Tata Power aims to install over 500 EV charging points at various IOCL retail outlets in major cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Pune, and Kochi, as well as along major highways, including the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and the Golden Quadrilateral.
The strategic partnership focuses on creating a robust intercity charging network, alleviating range anxiety for EV owners traveling between cities. Virendra Goyal, Head of Business Development-EV Charging at Tata Power, highlighted the significance of leveraging IOCL's extensive presence to establish an inclusive and accessible EV charging network.
Tata Power, committed to enhancing the EV user experience, plans to integrate technology and innovative solutions. Users can enjoy a seamless charging experience using the 'Tata Power EZ Charge' app and 'IndianOil e-Charge' mobile app, providing convenient access to locate and book chargers.
Saumitra Shrivastava, Executive Director (Retail-N&E) at IOCL, expressed the corporation's commitment to adapting to the increasing electric vehicle trend. IOCL aims to provide 10,000 EV charging stations by 2024, transforming retail networks into comprehensive energy solutions outlets. The collaboration with Tata Power is viewed as pivotal in responding to this transformative shift towards sustainable and eco-friendly mobility.
The signing ceremony for the MoU included representatives from both IOCL and Tata Power. Tata Power has established itself as a leader in the EV charging domain, boasting nearly 60% market share and an expansive nationwide network covering over 420 cities. This network, comprising home chargers, public charging points, and bus charging stations, underscores Tata Power's unwavering commitment to enhancing EV charging accessibility across the nation.
X (formerly, Twitter) - aayushxkhanna
CYBER MONDAY SALE: You can avail InvestingPro+ at a massive 60% discount and by using the coupon code PROC324 get an extra 10% discount over and above the ongoing promotional price for the Bi-yearly plan only. Click on the image below to access the link
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.