By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The luxury products company Titan (NS: TITN ) posted an almost three-fold jump in sales during the June 2022 quarter on a YoY basis. The company continued to expand in Q1.
A low base reported in the same quarter last year due to the impact of Covid-19, contributed largely to high sales figures this quarter, along with robust network expansion and campaigns.
The Tata Group firm’s shares zoomed almost 7% on Thursday, ending the session 5.66% higher at Rs 2,127.5 apiece.
Total sales in the quarter under review rallied a whopping 205% YoY and posted a 3-year CAGR of 20.5%, with its jewellery division contributing the most, about 85% of its revenue to the company’s cumulative figure.
Sales in this segment skyrocketed by 207% YoY in Q1 FY23, thanks to a robust sale during Akshaya Tritiya in May 2022, after the stores locked down and remained shut for two consecutive years during this period, and revenues almost tripled.
Walk-ins and buyers grew at par with a revenue rise, while ticket size improved marginally when compared to the year-ago period. It added 19 new stores in Q1 FY23, including 6 Tanishq stores, 12 Mia stores and a new Tanishq store in Dubai.
The watches sector zoomed 158% YoY in growth, led by a rise in sales across its brands and products, posting its highest-ever quarterly revenue. The eyewear division’s sales rallied 176% YoY, thanks to Titan Eye Plus and distribution channels.
The fragrances business grew at 262% YoY while the fashion accessories line soared 293% YoY.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.