By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Shares of Tata Chemicals Ltd (NS: TTCH ) closed August 14, 2020 at Rs 295. They are currently trading at Rs 878.95, 197% higher. An amount of Rs 10,000 invested in Tata Chemicals at the close of day on August 14, 2020 would be worth Rs 29,794 today.
The company reported revenue growth of 26.8% YoY to Rs 2977.2 crore, led by higher growth in the basic chemical segment across four units. PAT (profit after tax) was at Rs 288 crore against Rs 13.3 crore in Q1FY21. The growth was largely due to strong operational performance and higher share from JV.
An August 7 report from ICICI Direct says, “The stock appreciated at 79% CAGR (compounded annual growth rate) in last two years. We retain HOLD rating on the back of better growth outlook of base business due to revival in the flat glass demand.” It has revised its target price to Rs 925 per share from its earlier number of Rs 750 per share.
It said the main drivers for future price performance are:
- Improvement in the soda ash pricing environment bodes well for future growth outlook.
- Revival in export demand for North America unit to sustain group performance.
- Higher share of specialty business to command better valuations for the overall group.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
can you provide detailsLike 1