Summit Midstream (NYSE: SMLP ) Partners, LP (NYSE: SMLP) is in the spotlight today, Tuesday, as one of the top gainers in the market. The company's shares have seen a significant increase of 13.72% on the day, bringing the share price to $15.52.
The company focuses on owning, developing, and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets, primarily shale formations across the continental United States. The services provided by Summit Midstream Partners encompass natural gas gathering, compression, treating, and processing, as well as crude oil and produced water gathering. Among its unconventional resource basins are the Utica and Point Pleasant shale formations located in southeastern Ohio.
Trading volumes for Summit Midstream Partners have been robust today with approximately 50,474 shares exchanged so far. This compares to an average 30-day volume of 14,480 shares. Over the past week, the stock has seen a modest movement of 0.52%.
According to InvestingPro data, Summit Midstream Partners has a market capitalization of 173.8M USD and a negative P/E ratio of -2.05. The company has seen a revenue decline of -2.93% LTM2023.Q2, and its gross profit margin stands at 55.27%. Additionally, the stock's price is at 62.03% of its 52-week high.
InvestingPro Tips indicate that the company's valuation implies a strong free cash flow yield and it's trading at a low Price/Book multiple of 0.22. However, it's important for investors to note that the company's revenue has been declining at an accelerating rate, and it has not been profitable over the last twelve months. These tips, along with many others, are part of the InvestingPro product that provides additional insights for investors.
The past year has seen Summit Midstream Partners' share prices fluctuate between a 52-week high of $21.49 and a low of $13.
For those interested in learning more about Summit Midstream Partners, LP, and its operations, further information can be found on the company's website.
In other news, InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) continues to offer "Bite Size" Small, Mid, and Large-Cap Technical Indicator Alerts through its IBN Spotlights service. IBN has been serving the investment public with financial brands for over 17 years and has amassed a collective audience of millions of social media followers. The network aims to cater to the unique needs of a growing base of client partners and continues to expand its branded network of influential properties.
Through their Dynamic Brand Portfolio (DBP), IBN provides various services including access to a network of wire solutions via InvestorWire, article and editorial syndication to over 5,000 news outlets, full-scale distribution to a growing social media audience, and a comprehensive array of corporate communications solutions. More information about IBN and its services can be found on their website.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.