Sugar stock in green after company reports net profit increase of 30%; Do you own it?
Shares of Triveni Engineering (NS: TREI ) & Industries Ltd. surged 4% on Friday to reach an intraday high of ₹ 281.40 apiece from the previous close price of ₹ 264. The company’s recent release of strong Q4 FY 22-23 results caused the stock price to jump today.
At 14:30 am, the stock was trading at ₹273.25 on the BSE, up 3.23 percent from its previous close.
The company’s net profit increased by 74% year over year to Rs 190.31 crore. Additionally, revenue from operations increased by 53% to Rs 1,839 crore from Rs 1,195 crore the previous year.
Triveni Engineering & Inds. Ltd. is engaged in the business of manufacturing sugar, steam turbines, distilleries, Co-Geneartion projects, and engineering activities. The company also sells FMCG goods under the brand name Shagun.
Having a quick walkthrough of the financials reported by the company, the operating revenue increased from ₹1,695 crores in Q3 to ₹1,839 crores in Q4. Similarly, the net profits of the company during the same period, increased by 30 percent, from ₹147 crore to ₹ 190 crore.
On a YoY comparison of the metrics, the revenues significantly improved from ₹ 4,716 crores during FY 21-22 to ₹6,390 crores in FY 22-23. The PAT numbers have shifted upwards within the timeframe mentioned, from ₹ 424 crores to ₹1792 crores.
The board of directors has recommended a final dividend of 325 percent of Rs 3.25 per equity share.
In the past three years, the stock has jumped around 592.50 percent, ranging from ₹40.65 to the current price levels.
According to the latest data pertaining to the shareholding pattern, promoters of the company hold a 60.98 percent stake, and domestic institutional investors (DIIs) hold an 8.54 percent stake in the company for FY 22-23.
Written by Omkar C
The post Sugar stock in green after company reports net profit increase of 30%; Do you own it? appeared first on Trade Brains.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or