Stocks Under Focus on May 26: IndiGo, BPCL, Torrent Pharma, Hindalco & More
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Bharat Petroleum Corp: The state-owned fuel retailer’s net profit declined 82.16% YoY in the March quarter to Rs 2,130.5 crore, while revenue from operations surged 25.1% YoY to Rs 1,23,550.93 crore in the period.
Coal India (NS: COAL ): The state-owned giant’s consolidated net profit jumped 46.3% YoY to Rs 6,715 crore and revenues surged 22.5% YoY to Rs 32,707 crore, as growth was aided by increased production.
MOIL (NS: MOIL ): The Miniratna company’s net profit climbed 13% YoY to Rs 131 crore, led by lower inventory costs and other expenses, while rose marginally by 4% to Rs 467.9 crore in the quarter.
Torrent Pharma (NS: TORP ): The pharmaceuticals company announced a bonus issue of 1:1, and declared a dividend of Rs 23/share, including a special dividend of Rs 15 apiece.
IndiGo: The country’s largest airline reported a consolidated net loss of Rs 1,682 crore in Q4, widening marginally by 2% YoY, due to a 68.2% YoY jump in fuel prices to Rs 3,220.6 crore.
Apollo Hospitals (NS: APLH ): The healthcare company’s consolidated PAT fell 46% YoY to Rs 90 crore in Q4 FY22, and revenue from operations surged 28.6% YoY to Rs 3,546 crore.
National Aluminium Company: The mining company’s consolidated profit rose 9.5% YoY to Rs 1,025.46 crore, backed by higher income, and consolidated income surged 56.8% YoY to Rs 4,492.1 crore.
Companies including Hindalco (NS: HALC ), Berger Paints (NS: BRGR ), Motherson Sumi, Muthoot Finance (NS: MUTT ), Union Bank of India (NS: UNBK ), and Cummins India (NS: CUMM ), among others, will release their earnings results for the March quarter on Thursday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or