By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Biocon (NS: BION ): Subsidiary Biocon Biologics will acquire the US-based global healthcare company Viatris’ biosimilars business for up to $3.3 billion to create a fully integrated global biosimilars enterprise.
Bharti Airtel (NS: BRTI ): The telecom giant’s shareholders have approved the issue of preferential shares to Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL ) for buying a stake of 1.28% in the company by investing about Rs 7,500 crore. Besides, Airtel has agreed to buy a 4.7% stake in Indus Towers from the British telco Vodafone (LON: VOD ).
Hindalco Industries (NS: HALC ): The aluminium company has partnered with the Brazilian company Terrabel Empreedimentos for divesting its entire shareholding in the subsidiary Hindalco Do Brazil Industria Comercia de Alumina LTDA.
Indian Oil (NS: IOC ): The state-owned oil refiner plans to set up three new plants in Northeast India for ramping up its LPG bottling capacity by almost 53% to 8 crore cylinders/year by 2030.
Indus Towers (NS: INUS ): British telecom major Vodafone will sell 4.7% of its stake in the telecom infrastructure provider to Indian telco Bharti Airtel and the proceeds will be in the beleaguered telco Vodafone Idea (NS: VODA ) for clearing its dues in the company.
Rain Industries (NS: RAID )s: The chemicals company’s consolidated net loss stood at Rs 97 crore in the quarter ending Dec 2021, compared to a net profit of Rs 307 crore in the year-ago period. However, its net sales surged 52.5% YoY to Rs 4,026 crore in the period.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.