The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were General Electric Company (NYSE: GE ), which rose 4.27% or 0.55 points to trade at 13.44 at the close. Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG ) added 1.81% or 1.38 points to end at 77.79 and Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ ) was up 0.51% or 0.24 points to 47.31 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT ), which lost 4.60% or 4.31 points to trade at 89.47 in late trade. Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) declined 3.13% or 1.38 points to end at 42.68 and Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ) shed 2.99% or 7.62 points to 247.26.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were General Electric Company (NYSE: GE ) which rose 4.27% to 13.44, Pacific Gas & Electric Co (NYSE: PCG ) which was up 2.50% to settle at 43.94 and Duke Realty Corporation (NYSE: DRE ) which gained 2.40% to close at 26.03.
The worst performers were NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA ) which was down 7.76% to 225.52 in late trade, Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ: ADBE ) which lost 6.60% to settle at 213.80 and Netflix Inc (NASDAQ: NFLX ) which was down 6.14% to 300.69 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Boxlight Corp Class A (NASDAQ: BOXL ) which rose 32.67% to 3.98, Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ: SHOS ) which was up 30.95% to settle at 2.75 and Astrotech Corp (NASDAQ: ASTC ) which gained 30.20% to close at 2.630.
The worst performers were LongFin Corp Class A (NASDAQ: LFIN ) which was down 41.50% to 34.68 in late trade, Juniper Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: JNP ) which lost 26.07% to settle at 8.650 and ITUS Corp (NASDAQ: ITUS ) which was down 21.36% to 3.350 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2137 to 967 and 98 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1995 fell and 541 advanced, while 111 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 6.80% to 22.46.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.77% or 10.50 to $1344.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.02% or 0.67 to hit $64.88 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.63% or 0.44 to trade at $69.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.32% to 1.2403, while USD/JPY fell 0.02% to 105.39.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.37% at 88.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.