The biggest gainers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Boeing Co (NYSE: BA ), which rose 2.22% or 7.69 points to trade at 354.85 at the close. Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ: CSCO ) added 1.19% or 0.65 points to end at 55.40 and Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE: XOM ) was up 0.98% or 0.73 points to 75.08 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dow Inc (NYSE: DOW ), which lost 3.55% or 1.81 points to trade at 49.34 in late trade. Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) declined 1.61% or 1.34 points to end at 82.10 and Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ ) shed 1.12% or 0.65 points to 57.63.
The top performers on the S&P 500 were Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ: INCY ) which rose 5.31% to 81.84, Keurig Dr Pepper Inc (NYSE: KDP ) which was up 4.89% to settle at 30.03 and Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB ) which gained 4.24% to close at 189.01.
The worst performers were Align Technology Inc (NASDAQ: ALGN ) which was down 5.57% to 288.68 in late trade, Tyson Foods Inc (NYSE: TSN ) which lost 4.13% to settle at 78.53 and Ecolab Inc (NYSE: ECL ) which was down 4.06% to 190.36 at the close.
The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Array BioPharma Inc (NASDAQ: ARRY ) which rose 56.94% to 46.440, Vislink Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: VISL ) which was up 40.52% to settle at 2.1500 and Up Fintech Holding Ltd (NASDAQ: TIGR ) which gained 34.79% to close at 5.54.
The worst performers were VBI Vaccines Inc (NASDAQ: VBIV ) which was down 65.61% to 0.650 in late trade, TuanChe (NASDAQ: TC ) which lost 28.04% to settle at 2.13 and Celyad SA (NASDAQ: CYAD ) which was down 27.78% to 13.36 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1627 to 1390 and 21 ended unchanged; on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, 1439 rose and 1208 declined, while 93 ended unchanged on the New York Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Volatility Index , which measures the implied volatility of S&P 500 options, was up 0.46% to 15.35.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.10% or 1.35 to $1343.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.12% or 0.59 to hit $51.92 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.05% or 0.03 to trade at $60.96 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1221, while USD/JPY rose 0.00% to 108.56.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 97.060.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.