(Adds company news items and futures)
Sept 5 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 15 points lower at 7,443 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 down 0.36 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* BERKELEY: UK housebuilder Berkeley Group Holdings BKGH.L said on Wednesday prices and demand had remained robust in London and the South East between May and August, adding it had bought five new sites in the period. GEM DIAMONDS: Gem Diamonds Ltd GEMD.L reported an 80 percent jump in first-half revenue on Wednesday as it recovered a record number of large, high-value diamonds and the average price per carat climbed. WILLIAM HILL: Betting company William Hill Plc WMH.L has agreed to pay $50 million in stock and a 20 percent stake in its U.S. business to form a 25-year sports betting partnership with U.S. casino operator Eldorado Resorts Inc ERI.O , the companies said on Wednesday, confirming an overnight media report. BHP: Global miner BHP BLT.L has agreed a $35.2 million deal for a 6.1 percent stake in SolGold PLC SOLG.L , giving it a share in the promising Cascabel copper-gold project in Ecuador after missing out in an earlier attempt. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA: Ireland's High Court on Tuesday approved an application by the state's corporate watchdog to appoint inspectors to investigate potentially unlawful conduct at Independent News & Media (INM) INME.I , the country's largest newspaper group. GOLD: Gold edged up on Wednesday, after slipping to a more than one-week low in the previous session, as the dollar eased despite concerns of an escalation in the trade conflict between the United States and China. OIL: Oil prices fell on Wednesday, partly reversing a strong jump from the previous day, as the impact of a tropical storm on U.S. Gulf coast production was not as strong as initially expected. The UK blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index closed down 0.62 percent at 7,457.86 points on Tuesday, amid growing trade war fears and as a drop among mining stocks and a fall in WPP (LON: WPP ) shares weighed. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.