(Updates with company news and futures)
Nov 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 9 points lower at 7,027 points on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with FTSE 100 futures FFIc1 roughly flat ahead of the market open.
* OIL: Oil slipped on Tuesday, pulled down by record Saudi Arabian production even as OPEC's top producer pushes for supply cuts ahead of the group's meeting in Austria next week. GOLD: Gold prices inched lower on Tuesday while investors awaited clues on the pace of future U.S. interest rate hikes and as the U.S.-China trade spat sours ahead of a G20 summit. THOMAS COOK: Thomas Cook (NS: THOM ) Group Plc TCG.L cut its forecast for full-year underlying operating profit for the second time in two months on Tuesday and suspended its dividend after the hot British summer deterred holidaymakers from going abroad. AMIGO HOLDINGS: British subprime lender Amigo Holdings AMGO.L posted a jump in profits and revenues on Tuesday in its first set of half-year results since floating on the London stock exchange in June. TOPPS TILES PLC: Britain's biggest tile retailer Topps Tiles Plc TPT.L said on Tuesday it would increase inventory of its important products to protect against supply chain disruptions from Britain's exit from the European Union. PETS AT HOME: Pets At Home Group Plc PETSP.L will consolidate up to 55 practices from joint ventures and also consider closing some of them, as rising costs pressure its pet products and services. INDIVIOR: Indivior Plc INDV.L said it will discuss its strategy and contingency plans in a conference call on Dec. 18, after a U.S. court allowed rival Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd REDY.NS to sell a copycat version of its blockbuster drug Suboxone. FAROE PETROLEUM: Britain's Faroe Petroleum FPM.L rejected a 608 million pound ($781 million) hostile bid by DNO DNO.OL on Monday, which it said substantially undervalued the Aberdeen-based firm. STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered Plc STAN.L is considering simplifying its structure as it looks to curb costs across its networks from Zambia to Macau, Bloomberg reported on Monday, citing sources. BHP: BHP Group Plc BHPB.L has identified a potential new iron oxide, copper and gold mineralized system near its Olympic Dam operations in South Australia as part of a copper exploration program, the miner said on Tuesday. The UK blue chip index .FTSE closed 83.14 points higher at 7,036 points on Monday, as worries about Brexit eased after the weekend vote in Brussels and investors piled back into oil and financials and the battered telecoms sector rallied on dealmaking news. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.