United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.80%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Real Estate & Construction , Consumer Staples and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Transport and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.80%, while the ADX General index lost 0.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 14.38% or 0.210 points to trade at 1.670 at the close. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) added 4.90% or 0.140 points to end at 3.000 and Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) was up 3.09% or 0.015 points to 0.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 5.74% or 0.120 points to trade at 1.970 in late trade. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) declined 1.28% or 0.030 points to end at 2.320 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) shed 0.98% or 0.020 points to 2.020.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which rose 10.12% to 1.85, Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was up 3.31% to settle at 1.250 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which gained 2.67% to close at 0.770.
The worst performers were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was down 9.35% to 1.940 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 8.89% to settle at 0.410 and Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was down 2.12% to 5.09 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 29 to 7 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 12 advanced, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.36% or 0.18 to $50.24 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.41% or 0.23 to hit $55.77 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.32% or 4.11 to trade at $1282.01 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.18% to 4.3229.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 93.20.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or