United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.49%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Real Estate & Construction , Consumer Staples and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Banking , Insurance and Services sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.49%, while the ADX General index declined 0.48%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which rose 2.25% or 0.190 points to trade at 8.650 at the close. Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) added 0.90% or 0.010 points to end at 1.120 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 0.87% or 0.007 points to 0.807 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ), which lost 2.02% or 0.018 points to trade at 0.872 in late trade. Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) declined 0.96% or 0.020 points to end at 2.060 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) shed 0.87% or 0.010 points to 1.140.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which rose 15.00% to 1.61, Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which was up 1.89% to settle at 3.770 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which gained 1.75% to close at 2.320.
The worst performers were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which was down 7.94% to 0.58 in late trade, Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which lost 7.89% to settle at 1.050 and Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was down 4.04% to 5.22 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 17 to 12 and 9 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 4 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was up 0.53% or 0.26 to $48.92 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 1.11% or 0.59 to hit $53.97 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.07% or 0.90 to trade at $1343.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6728, while EUR/AED rose 0.09% to 4.3810.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 92.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or