United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.33%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Insurance , Real Estate & Construction and Banking sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transport , Consumer Staples and Finance & Investment sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.33%, while the ADX General index fell 0.25%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 4.17% or 0.025 points to trade at 0.625 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 3.39% or 0.021 points to end at 0.640 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) was up 2.59% or 0.050 points to 1.980 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ), which lost 2.18% or 0.090 points to trade at 4.040 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 1.96% or 0.007 points to end at 0.350 and Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) shed 1.14% or 0.007 points to 0.609.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which rose 14.86% to 3.40, Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which was up 5.13% to settle at 1.230 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 3.88% to close at 0.5620.
The worst performers were Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 6.03% to 0.686 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which lost 3.23% to settle at 3.00 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which was down 2.38% to 0.780 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 18 to 13 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 rose and 10 declined, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 1.96% or 1.41 to $73.53 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 1.84% or 1.50 to hit $82.88 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.74% or 8.80 to trade at $1196.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.26% to 4.2649.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 94.80.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or