United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.33%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Banking , Telecoms and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Services , Insurance and Consumer Staples sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.33%, while the ADX General index fell 0.16%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which rose 5.33% or 0.044 points to trade at 0.869 at the close. Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) added 1.96% or 0.100 points to end at 5.200 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) was up 1.92% or 0.005 points to 0.265 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which lost 9.94% or 0.067 points to trade at 0.607 in late trade. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) declined 2.27% or 0.009 points to end at 0.388 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 2.19% or 0.014 points to 0.625.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which rose 5.38% to 0.9800, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was up 5.36% to settle at 0.5900 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 5.17% to close at 0.6100.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 9.42% to 2.020 in late trade, Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which lost 7.77% to settle at 0.950 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 4.35% to 1.100 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 15 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 fell and 9 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 1.18% or 0.87 to $74.81 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 1.05% or 0.81 to hit $78.11 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.47% or 5.80 to trade at $1247.50 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.09% to 4.2789.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 94.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or