United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.19%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Insurance , Consumer Staples and Real Estate & Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Services , Transport and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.19%, while the ADX General index fell 0.25%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ), which rose 7.04% or 0.028 points to trade at 0.426 at the close. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) added 5.71% or 0.060 points to end at 1.110 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) was up 5.51% or 0.035 points to 0.670 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ), which lost 7.84% or 0.240 points to trade at 2.820 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 1.90% or 0.040 points to end at 2.060 and Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) shed 1.47% or 0.020 points to 1.340.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which rose 14.81% to 0.620, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was up 11.86% to settle at 0.6600 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 2.91% to close at 1.0600.
The worst performers were Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which was down 10.00% to 7.20 in late trade, Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which lost 10.00% to settle at 4.50 and Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which was down 9.72% to 0.650 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 12 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 12 advanced, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was down 0.25% or 0.17 to $68.02 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $73.79 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.49% or 6.50 to trade at $1324.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.23% to 4.4561.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 91.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or