United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.03%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Services , Real Estate & Construction and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Banking and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.03%, while the ADX General index fell 0.09%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which rose 3.74% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.110 at the close. National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) added 3.53% or 0.060 points to end at 1.760 and Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) was up 1.77% or 0.110 points to 6.330 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ), which lost 9.81% or 0.310 points to trade at 2.850 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 2.99% or 0.024 points to end at 0.780 and Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) shed 2.25% or 0.200 points to 8.700.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which rose 5.74% to 1.290, Umm Al Qaiwain Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: QIC ) which was up 2.94% to settle at 1.0500 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which gained 2.36% to close at 3.910.
The worst performers were Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was down 9.60% to 1.130 in late trade, Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which lost 7.14% to settle at 0.260 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 2.56% to 0.760 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 11 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 6 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was down 0.55% or 0.34 to $61.34 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 0.31% or 0.20 to hit $65.22 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.51% or 6.80 to trade at $1325.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.08% to 4.5148.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 89.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or