United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 2.01%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Insurance and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Real Estate & Construction , Services and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General fell 2.01% to hit a new 52-week low, while the ADX General index gained 0.16%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ), which rose 2.80% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.100 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 1.75% or 0.011 points to end at 0.640 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 0.53% or 0.002 points to 0.380 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which lost 5.41% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.050 in late trade. Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) declined 4.91% or 0.260 points to end at 5.040 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) shed 3.61% or 0.060 points to 1.600.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which rose 14.55% to 1.89, Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which was up 11.11% to settle at 3.00 and Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which gained 8.81% to close at 2.100.
The worst performers were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 7.35% to 0.6300 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 4.76% to settle at 0.600 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 2.92% to 1.330 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 24 to 10 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 17 fell and 8 advanced, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 2.77% or 1.91 to $70.97 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 2.93% or 2.19 to hit $77.04 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.37% or 4.90 to trade at $1308.80 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.13% to 4.3633.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 92.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or