United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 1.09%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Services , Insurance and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transport , Banking and Real Estate & Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 1.09% to hit a new 52-week low, while the ADX General index gained 0.82%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ), which rose 2.53% or 0.012 points to trade at 0.487 at the close. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) added 2.29% or 0.030 points to end at 1.340 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 1.89% or 0.013 points to 0.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emirates Refreshments Company (DU: ERC ), which lost 9.73% or 0.320 points to trade at 2.970 in late trade. ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) declined 3.70% or 0.160 points to end at 4.170 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) shed 3.67% or 0.040 points to 1.050.
The top performers on the ADX General were Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which rose 8.33% to 0.910, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 4.23% to settle at 0.7400 and First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC (AD: FAB ) which gained 2.19% to close at 11.65.
The worst performers were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which was down 7.69% to 0.48 in late trade, National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which lost 5.00% to settle at 2.85 and National Corp Tourism Hotels (AD: NCTH ) which was down 3.85% to 2.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 7 and 11 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 5 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 2.35% or 1.51 to $65.81 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $69.81 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 1.49% or 19.80 to trade at $1347.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED rose 0.39% to 4.5374.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.41% at 89.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or