United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.70%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Transport , Consumer Staples and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Real Estate & Construction , Finance & Investment and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.70%, while the ADX General index climbed 0.01%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 4.21% or 0.080 points to trade at 1.980 at the close. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) added 2.94% or 0.02 points to end at 0.70 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) was up 2.49% or 0.050 points to 2.060 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which lost 2.33% or 0.200 points to trade at 8.370 in late trade. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) declined 2.26% or 0.012 points to end at 0.520 and Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) shed 1.96% or 0.018 points to 0.901.
The top performers on the ADX General were Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which rose 4.15% to 2.510, Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was up 3.33% to settle at 0.310 and International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which gained 2.10% to close at 1.46.
The worst performers were Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which was down 9.92% to 3.45 in late trade, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which lost 9.78% to settle at 2.030 and Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which was down 9.18% to 4.55 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 13 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 18 fell and 6 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was up 0.48% or 0.25 to $52.09 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $57.76 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.22% or 2.86 to trade at $1277.64 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED fell 0.30% to 4.3136.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 93.83.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or