United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.41%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Telecoms , Finance & Investment and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Real Estate & Construction , Services and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.41%, while the ADX General index gained 0.36%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai National Insurance (DU: DNIN ), which rose 6.67% or 0.200 points to trade at 3.200 at the close. AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) added 3.61% or 0.033 points to end at 0.948 and Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) was up 2.33% or 0.120 points to 5.270 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National General Insurance Co PSC (DU: NGIN ), which lost 4.98% or 0.10 points to trade at 1.91 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 3.70% or 0.025 points to end at 0.650 and Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ) shed 2.79% or 1.95 points to 68.05.
The top performers on the ADX General were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which rose 7.41% to 0.5800, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 0.500 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which gained 2.67% to close at 0.770.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 9.79% to 1.290 in late trade, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which lost 5.83% to settle at 1.130 and Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was down 4.08% to 4.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 15 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 10 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was up 0.06% or 0.04 to $68.91 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 0.55% or 0.42 to hit $76.92 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.25% or 3.10 to trade at $1219.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.16% to 4.2973.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 94.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or