United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.38%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Services and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Real Estate & Construction and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 0.38%, while the ADX General index added 0.29%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 14.76% or 0.053 points to trade at 0.412 at the close. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) added 6.94% or 0.025 points to end at 0.385 and Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) was up 3.43% or 0.060 points to 1.810 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 2.79% or 0.018 points to trade at 0.628 in late trade. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) declined 2.63% or 0.050 points to end at 1.850 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) shed 1.87% or 0.005 points to 0.263.
The top performers on the ADX General were Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which rose 2.56% to 1.200, Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which was up 1.00% to settle at 8.08 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which gained 0.81% to close at 4.950.
The worst performers were Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which was down 9.40% to 1.35 in late trade, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which lost 3.56% to settle at 0.5150 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which was down 2.78% to 1.750 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 16 to 14 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 8 fell and 8 advanced, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 0.08% or 0.06 to $75.36 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.44% or 0.37 to hit $84.61 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.23% or 2.80 to trade at $1194.50 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.44% to 4.2344.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.36% at 95.26.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or