United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.21%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Services , Finance & Investment and Consumer Staples sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Banking and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.21%, while the ADX General index gained 0.33%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 2.48% or 0.050 points to trade at 2.070 at the close. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) added 1.63% or 0.020 points to end at 1.250 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) was up 1.00% or 0.007 points to 0.707 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which lost 2.14% or 0.015 points to trade at 0.685 in late trade. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) declined 1.23% or 0.005 points to end at 0.400 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 1.16% or 0.050 points to 4.250.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which rose 2.68% to 3.450, Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was up 1.89% to settle at 1.080 and Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which gained 1.69% to close at 1.800.
The worst performers were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was down 8.62% to 1.060 in late trade, International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which lost 3.88% to settle at 1.24 and Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 1.89% to 0.520 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 19 to 12 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 9 fell and 6 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 0.60% or 0.41 to $68.30 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.11% or 0.08 to hit $73.14 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.12% or 1.50 to trade at $1227.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.16% to 4.3011.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 94.23.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or