United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.20%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Transport , Banking and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Real Estate & Construction , Consumer Staples and Finance & Investment sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 0.20%, while the ADX General index gained 0.32%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ), which rose 2.91% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.060 at the close. Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) added 1.89% or 0.020 points to end at 1.080 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) was up 1.16% or 0.011 points to 0.963 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which lost 3.22% or 0.023 points to trade at 0.692 in late trade. Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) declined 2.80% or 0.021 points to end at 0.728 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 2.43% or 0.019 points to 0.764.
The top performers on the ADX General were First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC (AD: FAB ) which rose 1.54% to 13.15, National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which was up 1.06% to settle at 2.85 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which gained 0.85% to close at 2.360.
The worst performers were Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which was down 9.68% to 2.240 in late trade, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which lost 7.79% to settle at 0.710 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which was down 2.50% to 0.780 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 13 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 9 fell and 5 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was down 1.27% or 0.86 to $66.89 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 1.06% or 0.77 to hit $72.13 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.98% or 12.00 to trade at $1215.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.43% to 4.2585.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.51% at 95.32.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or