United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.18%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Finance & Investment , Services and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer Staples , Banking and Transport sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 0.18%, while the ADX General index added 0.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which rose 3.45% or 0.01 points to trade at 0.33 at the close. Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) added 2.04% or 0.110 points to end at 5.510 and Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) was up 1.94% or 0.040 points to 2.100 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Bank (DU: DISB ), which lost 1.98% or 0.110 points to trade at 5.440 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 1.83% or 0.040 points to end at 2.140 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 1.81% or 0.008 points to 0.435.
The top performers on the ADX General were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which rose 10.07% to 2.95, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 8.00% to settle at 0.540 and Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which gained 4.00% to close at 2.340.
The worst performers were Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which was down 7.33% to 1.39 in late trade, International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which lost 4.17% to settle at 1.38 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was down 3.70% to 1.0400 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 12 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 11 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.88% or 0.60 to $69.07 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 1.01% or 0.74 to hit $74.22 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.24% or 3.20 to trade at $1350.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED fell 0.08% to 4.5423.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 89.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or