United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.07%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Insurance , Transport and Services sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer Staples , Finance & Investment and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.07%, while the ADX General index added 0.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ), which rose 6.07% or 0.032 points to trade at 0.559 at the close. Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ) added 4.82% or 3.40 points to end at 73.90 and Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) was up 3.48% or 0.018 points to 0.535 in late trade.
Biggest losers included DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ), which lost 2.28% or 0.018 points to trade at 0.771 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Bank (DU: DISB ) declined 0.81% or 0.050 points to end at 6.130 and Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) shed 0.80% or 0.020 points to 2.480.
The top performers on the ADX General were Finance House (AD: FH ) which rose 12.50% to 1.800, Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was up 4.00% to settle at 1.0400 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which gained 2.88% to close at 2.500.
The worst performers were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 5.56% to 0.6800 in late trade, Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which lost 5.41% to settle at 3.50 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 3.85% to 0.750 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 20 to 10 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 fell and 7 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 0.62% or 0.32 to $51.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 1.01% or 0.58 to hit $57.75 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.12% or 1.56 to trade at $1306.16 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.04% to 4.3406.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 92.98.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or