United Arab Emirates shares lower at close of trade; DFM General down 0.88%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Finance & Investment , Real Estate & Construction and Consumer Staples sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General fell 0.88%, while the ADX General index fell 0.81%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 0.47% or 0.004 points to trade at 0.860 at the close. Emirate Integrated Telecom Co PJSC (DU: DU ) unchanged 0.00% or 0.000 points to end at 6.000 and Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) was unchanged 0.00% or 0.000 points to 8.100 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 3.42% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.410 in late trade. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) declined 3.38% or 0.050 points to end at 1.430 and National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ) shed 2.82% or 0.090 points to 3.100.
The top performers on the ADX General were Umm Al Qaiwain Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: QIC ) which rose 14.74% to 1.0900, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 5.26% to settle at 0.600 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which gained 1.79% to close at 2.280.
The worst performers were Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which was down 9.72% to 7.80 in late trade, Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which lost 9.30% to settle at 1.560 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 2.78% to 0.7000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 33 to 1 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 17 fell and 7 advanced, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.11% or 0.06 to $53.17 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.20% or 0.11 to hit $55.97 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.93% or 11.95 to trade at $1290.05 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.27% to 3.9067.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 100.23.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or