The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 2.78% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.850 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 2.61% or 0.017 points to end at 0.668 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) was up 1.02% or 0.010 points to 0.990 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ), which lost 7.09% or 0.180 points to trade at 2.360 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 5.26% or 0.060 points to end at 1.080 and National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ) shed 4.26% or 0.120 points to 2.700.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which rose 8.51% to 5.10, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was up 6.19% to settle at 1.030 and Emirates Ins C (AD: EIC ) which gained 5.60% to close at 6.60.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 9.48% to 1.910 in late trade, Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which lost 6.61% to settle at 2.120 and International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which was down 5.52% to 1.37 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 14 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 6 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was down 0.10% or 0.07 to $67.86 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 0.57% or 0.42 to hit $72.94 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.53% or 6.90 to trade at $1312.50 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.29% to 4.4008.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.27% at 92.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.