The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ), which rose 0.96% or 0.010 points to trade at 1.050 at the close. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) added 0.94% or 0.020 points to end at 2.140 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) was up 0.63% or 0.010 points to 1.600 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 4.76% or 0.02 points to trade at 0.48 in late trade. Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) declined 3.23% or 0.011 points to end at 0.330 and Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) shed 2.56% or 0.150 points to 5.700.
The top performers on the ADX General were Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which rose 6.65% to 4.49, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was up 4.94% to settle at 0.850 and Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which gained 3.91% to close at 2.390.
The worst performers were Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which was down 6.47% to 2.890 in late trade, United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which lost 5.74% to settle at 1.150 and International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which was down 2.03% to 1.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 13 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 9 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.38% or 0.25 to $65.19 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.59% or 0.41 to hit $69.75 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.69% or 9.20 to trade at $1336.50 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED unchanged 0.00% to 4.5260.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 89.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.