The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 3.21% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.930 at the close. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) added 2.16% or 0.030 points to end at 1.420 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) was up 2.04% or 0.008 points to 0.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ), which lost 3.29% or 0.022 points to trade at 0.647 in late trade. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) declined 2.31% or 0.022 points to end at 0.932 and Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) shed 1.89% or 0.020 points to 1.040.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which rose 10.67% to 1.660, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was up 4.00% to settle at 0.7800 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 2.63% to close at 0.7800.
The worst performers were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which was down 10.00% to 2.70 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 4.92% to settle at 0.580 and Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was down 3.45% to 0.280 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 12 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 fell and 13 advanced, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.02% or 0.01 to $63.98 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $69.36 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.66% or 8.90 to trade at $1330.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.43% to 4.4934.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 90.40.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.